Stunning initiatives such as Candy Chang’s, Before I die project have taken the world by a viral storm and people want more… Why? What is so intriguing about sharing your dreams, aspirations and goals with the world? Simple really… It inspires! Removing us from our mundane daily lives and whisks us into a real wonderland where we have the opportunity to write down whatever we can dream of.
Pipeline Dreams is a project that was started in order to find out more about what people’s dreams are as well as to bring some happiness to the Peeps of Cape Town. The Pipe Footpath is home to a lovely little stonewall and tucked in the crevices are notes with people’s dreams on them. Beautiful right?!? The goal of the project is to get people inspired and to keep them accountable to what they say they’d like to do – live up to your dreams.
Keen to get involved? Grab some paper and write down your dreams. Head to the map for directions, stroll along happily and post your dream. Easy as pie… just remember, be careful what you wish for!
Here are some of the Pipeline Dreams
- Slide down grass hills on card board boxes.
- Go play in fountains until you get caught.
- Paint your cat’s toenails.
- Wear pajamas in public.
- Buy or make a crazy hat and wear it!
- Stay up all night with someone, sitting on their kicthen counter brewing and drinking endless cups of tea while talking and laughing the night away.
- Spend a couple hours talking to a stranger.
- Laugh until you cry.
- Do something worthwhile for the needy.
- Go caroling, even though it isn’t Christmas.
- Play spin the bottle.
- Swim in the ocean at night and watch the stars from the water.
- Go skinny dipping!
- Meet and hang out with someone famous.
- Go to paris and sketch the Eiffle Tower.
- Eat pizza at the leaning tower of Pisa.
- Write a song.
- Make someone’s wish come true.
- Design my dream home and live in it.
- Have a treehouse in the forest with rope swings.
- Own a gumball machine.
- Get in touch with old friends-and stay in touch.
- Have a tea party.
- Learn to speak another language.
- Have a foreign penpal.
- Go hiking in the rain.
- Go slip and sliding in your front yard