Living in Cape Town means that almost all the greatest things in life are on our doorstep. The Slanghoek Wine Valley is merely an hours drive from Cape Town, and they have put together a weekend package which includes a combination of excellent wines, glorious food and good company, to ensure a fabulous weekend away this weekend!
The Slanghoek Valley invites you to celebrate winter with them by joining them for a “travelling dinner” weekend; a small intimate affair hosted by quartet of establishments from the Slanghoek Valley. The Slanghoek Mountain Resort, Slanghoek Cellar, Jason’s Hill and Opstal Wines, they will introduce you to their wines, winemakers and the hospitality that they have become famous for.
Included in the weekend package is:
• Accommodation at Slanghoek Mountain Resort, with dinner on Friday evening, as well as breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
• Saturday morning you will visit Slanghoek Cellar for their Blend & Bottle affair. You will have the opportunity to make your own wine with their guidance using a combination of three varieties. You will then bottle and label your signature blend to take home to enjoy with family and friends.
• The travelling dinner on Saturday evening will commence with sundowners, canapés and a wine tasting at Slanghoek Cellar hosted by cellar master, Pieter Carstens.
• The main course will be hosted by Stanley Louw, resident sixth generation owner and vintner of Opstal Estate which has a wine history dating back to 1847.
• Finally join Ivy du Toit of Jason’s Hill Private Cellar, where the tradition of vine growing and wine making for the fifth generation is kept alive, for dessert and coffee.
Full cost for the weekend package: R1 250 per person
To book this awesome experience, contact Jenny at Slanghoek Mountain Resort on email or 023 344 3138.
Friday, 1st June 2012 until Sunday, 3rd June 2012