Check out this relaxed, friendly market vibe on Sunday 4th and again on Sunday 18th December.
Situated in an Historic Victorian building and around a picturesque park, this venue is the ideal setting for around 120 select wellness-oriented, eco-friendly, organic, green and conscious living stalls.
Among the many delights offered by the moreish vendors are fantastic vegan, vegetarian, organic, artisan and halaal food in the tented Soul Food area, plus fresh organic produce, chocolate and olives, protea bouquets, and fresh farm cheeses.
Also on the ticket – free live music, bellydancing displays, and lifestyle films to make it a full day’s outing, plus lots of other unique stalls, including Lady Bonin's Tea caravan and a number of other life readers; gorgeous vintage & designer clothing & jewellery; unique décor & body art; all kinds of relaxation courtesy of the massage and other holistic therapists; and laid-back world music.
SOME HIGHLIGHTS ON SUNDAY 4th DECEMBER:
- *LIVE MUSIC: Popular Cape Town indie-folk/soft rock artist Nate Maingard will be performing his soulful music characterised by powerful, passionate and honest lyrics between 12h00 and 14h00.
- FREE FILMS: double bill: Deepak Chopra’s ‘7 Spiritual Laws of Success’ (11h00-12h30) & the inspirational ‘The Secret’ (13h00-14h30)
- **CHRISTMAS GIFT DONATION DRIVE for HOUT BAY C.A.R.E.S. charity: Visitors who donate their unwanted items for charity at the gate only pay half price to enter the Fair. This month they are asking visitors to bring Christmas gift and food hampers for the Hangberg community in Hout Bay. They will be redistributed by the charity C.A.R.E.S. – (Community Awareness Rehabilitation Education Services) http://www.favor.org.za/news.php
- HOLISTIKIDS FAMILY SECTION: including DreamWeaver organic jungle gyms in two play areas, jumping castle, cupcake decorating, sand art, face painter, balloons, activity area etc.
- RELAX: Check out the Chillout Zone & games section next to the Soul Food area: chess, back gammon, checkers & tic-tac-toe, plus the weekend papers available to read.
- WIN: Visitors can enter a monthly draw to win gifts from exhibitors worth up to R1000 by 'Liking' the Fair on Facebook and entering their details on the Fair's website.
- For animal lovers, there will be dogs for adoption and products for sale from LEAPS, plus there is a doggy oasis is also available inside the main Fair area for tired pooches (well-behaved dogs welcome at the Fair!)
- Visitors can also claim their free recycled plastic shopping packets at the gate.
Entry: R10 adults; R5 teens, students & pensioners; U12s free; donate items at the gate for our charity drive and get in for half-price.
Free patrolled parking adjacent to & in streets around the venue.
Info: 021 788 8088 or 083 3329785 or email@example.com
* Nate Maingard is described by Mike Smith of LMG as "Somewhere between Radiohead and a more intellectual Jack Johnson", Rachel Briant of Muse Magazine says of Nate's music: "Above all, Nate Maingard is a brilliant lyricist. Listening to his album I am enthralled at his ability to string words together in a way that is altogether intriguing, imaginative and chilling. Combined with sensitive guitar chords, it’s enough to give you spine tingles."
** The 'Count Your Blessings' project aims to inspire and spread goodwill by giving visitors the opportunity to cultivate an attitude of gratitude through giving to those less fortunate than themselves